Drugs Charges and United Arab Emirates
Drugs charges are serious charges in Dubai and UAE. Once drug charges are added to your profile in UAE then will not be removed ever. People must be careful while visiting or living in UAE. Lawyers can certainly help out you when you are in a legal dispute or any CAOS, but the UAE government does not tolerate when any offence that is serious or contradicts the safety principles of Dubai and UAE. An example of a Lawyer or Law Firm is Al Shaiba Advocates and Legal Consultants, Ask The Law owned by Advocate Mr Mohamamd Ebrahim Hassan Al Shaiba who also writes in Gulf News.
New UAE Drug Laws
- New Drug Law came in January 2022, has removed the penalty for keeping or carrying products with Narcotics in UAE, but for the very first-time visitors. Please do not bring e-cigarettes or vapes, as these are still not allowed by Dubai Government/UAE Government. Vapes with banned substances can cause the carrier to face criminal charges. Marijuana, Hashish brought by first-time visitors will not be a criminal offence more.
- New Law provides support to those first-time visitors, who do not have knowledge because such substances are legal in the countries they belong to.
- Deportation has been finished in such matters or situations, as stated in the first two paragraphs, with the heading New UAE Drug Laws.
- First-time offenders can also be charged with 3 Months sentences, in case the drug or substance found, contradicts Dubai Rules or UAE Rules. It has already been reduced in 2016 from 4 years to 2 years. Fine can be between AED 20,000 and AED 100,000
- 2nd-time offence, minimum sentence 6 months, and fine can be between AED 30, 000 AED to 100, 000 AED.
- 3rd-time offence, a minimum sentence of two years and fine will be at least AED 100, 000 AED.
- Detention Centers are introduced. Yes, Special Detention Centers are the places where detained or convicts will spend their sentence time period. They will not be kept with regular prisoners.
- Controlled Medicine without prescription by Doctor, was not allowed before. Deportation was the straightaway punishment before. Now there is flexibility and a second chance is provided.
Hiring of Lawyers
Arrested people or Convicts are also granted the right to hire the Lawyers-Advocates. These Advocates in UAE (UAE National Advocates/Lawyers) can file an appeal against the decision and try to help the arrested or convict a person. As we stated before that when any matter is found to contradict UAE safety and national security then that matter is dealt with with a zero-tolerance policy. It proves that if a person is found convicted, then no one can save him from punishment or any other sentence. Dubai Government and UAE Government do their best to protect the peaceful environment of the United Arab Emirates. However, the option to hire Lawyers is open. Anybody can hire a lawyer/lawyers if want. Visitors and living people should not breach any Law. Visitors should read the precautions first.