ABU DHABI Immigration

May 8, 2022

ABU DHABI Immigration

Let’s discuss Abu Dhabi Immigration. If you are a GCC Citizen or GCC national resident then you do not need any VISA to enter Abu Dhabi, UAE. There are many other countries like the UK, USA, France, Austria, Sweden, Switzerland, Sweden, Japan, Australia and many others where a free-entry VISA is required for entry. The other countries that do not have free-entrance visa access or visa upon arrival facility or facilities like GCC Nationals, then residents of those countries need to apply for a Visit VISA through their embassies. For Visit VISA to Abu Dhabi, visitors just need to have a local Abu Dhabi sponsor. The same applies to other Emirates like Dubai, Sharjah, Ajman etc.

Abu Dhabi Creative VISA

Emirate of Abu Dhabi offers a Creative VISA, to creative professionals who are specialized in Visual Arts, Media Planning, Performing Arts, Productions, Creative Writings, Heritage, Culture etc. It is designed to encourage people who can contribute to Abu Dhabi’s culture, heritage and cultural growth. These people are selected and endorsed by the Culture and Tourism Department of Abu Dhabi.

Residence VISA Vs Entry Permit

Residence VISA is issued after the Entry Permit (Very First time as it is renewed for further years). Entry Permit is issued only for staying for a short temporary period in Abu Dhabi, for the expatriates.

Residence VISA

Residence VISA is issued to foreigners after the Entry Permit, but when foreigners are living in the country. When a foreigner has to stay and live in the Emirate then he or she needs a residence VISA. Employment VISA, Businessman VISA or Golden VISA, all are the types of Residence VISAS. As per UAE Labour Law amendments that came in 2022, the Employment CONTRACTS are now will be all fixed terms, also known as Limited CONTRACTS for two to three years. NOW VISA will not be pasted on a passport. The resident’s Emirates ID will be equal to VISA posted on the passport. That will be the full identity of a Resident.     

Entry Permit

What is an Entry Permit for Abu Dhabi? It permits the foreigners for staying and living in Abu Dhabi for a specified time. It is issued by Federal Authority for Identity, Citizenship, & Customs. There are a few types of Entry Permits. For Example, Employment Entry Permit, Transit Entry permits, Seminars or Conferences Permits, Sports Permits etc. A time is specified on the entry permit. The Entry Permit becomes expired once the time is over. The time duration can be different. For example, “Transit Entry Permit” will be maximum for “Four Days”. Sports Permit might be for the total duration of the sports event. Employment Entry Permit can be for Two months. It has to be changed into a proper Residence VISA. The overstayers will have to pay the fine. As stated above, all such rules do not apply to the GCC Residents.


Abu Dhabi Immigration Laws, Entry Permits, Work Permits, VISIT VISAS, Employment Agreements etc, there are many things which are absolutely new for a layman. We must say that hiring the Lawyers in Abu Dhabi or Legal Consultants in Abu Dhabi for a better guideline. These Advocates are known as Immigration Advocates or Immigration Lawyers. Ask The Law – Al Shaiba Advocates and Legal Consultants are the popular lawyers in Abu Dhabi and Lawyers in Dubai, offering services all over the UAE. Consult such Lawyers and then take any kind of legal action.